Locally manufactured 7mm cotton sash cord. Available uncoloured or in a variety of colours. Wash separately for coloured cord. Cotton is a natural fibre with no distinctive smell that won’t rub or chafe. It’s soft to the touch and its non-slip texture makes secure knots. But cotton rope stretches significantly, which sometimes makes knots difficult to untie, especially when wet. Knots can also tighten unexpectedly, making the knot uncomfortable and unsafe. Cleaning cotton rope is as simple as cleaning cotton clothing. But note: cotton rope with a core can retain moisture, which may lead to bacteria / mould growth.
W/we use top quality products, dyes and producers but to be on the safe side of SSC:
- Test rope on fabric to determine if it will give off colour.
- Wet rope might give a quicker indication of colour transfer.
- Naked bondage is advise – both preferably.
- Wash rope in a pillow case, separately.
- W/we washed the rope after dyeing it and thus it is energised. Run it through your hands to straighten the kinks – kinks are better in humans than in rope.